- The Underwater Hockey Tourist. Don’t wanna miss a game? Check if there is hockey at your destination.
The following are organizations who have played significant roles in my underwater hockey growth:
- Stirling Underwater Hockey (Singapore)
- Philippine Underwater Hockey Confederation (Philippines)
- Polo Puck Pirates (Philippines)
- Underwater Hockey Bootcamp (Philippines)
- Jakarta Underwater Hockey (Indonesia)
- Citadel Underwater Hockey Club (Philippines). They are probably the youngest club in the country as of this writing but very motivated bunch.
- Orca Bilzen Onderwaterhockey (Belgium). It’s in Dutch but you can always click the translate button 😉 They have interesting videos and helpful info for newbies.
- OnderwaterhockeyNL. (Netherlands). Well, since i put their neighbor above, I guess this is worth mentioning too. There are lots of info beneficial for someone new in the sport. Check “Over OWH” and “Beter worden” tabs. Oh and my personal coach, Mr T., is in one of the videos too. 😉
- Freediving-Philippines. This is where I took my freediving lessons (basic and advanced).
- Freedive Singapore. This is Singapore’s sea fairy’s site. She became one of my training buddy/ coach and the best part, a dear friend. One of the awesome mermaids I’ve met so far. 😉
- AIDA International. Be updated on current trends, competitions, rankings or just connect with other freedivers.
- Freediving World Records. Wanna know what are the current records on breath hold diving? Check this out.
- Rankings Around the Globe. Who’s who in specific countries, for a specific year or competition? Check them here.
Subscribe to BreathingCanWait via Email
Hi my name is Teddie. I'm a freediver, an underwater hockey player and a traveller... how about that for a combo? ;) I've been diving since 2005 and have trained with freedivers in the Philippines and Singapore. I started playing underwater hockey in 2008 when I moved to Singapore where I met the love of my life. When I'm not in the water, I like exploring places and trying new activities. I've been to places around my country-Philippines, its neighbouring countries and some countries outside Asia. Currently, I am enjoying being a "weekend tourist" in our new home country.